My Last Hoo-Rah!!

Wednesday, October 11, 2006

SCHOOL HAS "OFFICIALLY" STARTED - THE FIRST ALL NIGHTER

Well i just came home from an excellent Thanksgiving weekend; full of family, friends and well... food. Upopn my return i am greeted to an all-night cram session for a test the next day. I went into the exam with high hopes and a confidence fueled by caffeine. Needless to say the 15 multiple choice questions worth 15% of my total grade (1% per question) kicked my ASS!! I came home pissed off only to have to start a Operations assignment due today(another late night past 1am). Tonight i get to juggle studying for a Economics exam at 9am thursday and play hockey at 10pm. Over the weekend i get to study for another exam on Monday, and a New Media project due on Monday/Wednesday.

Today was the first class in the last 3 classes that my New Media teacher actually showed up for. He presented all of our self-portraits at the front of the class and to be honest i was amazed at some of the work. There was a lot of inciteful pictures, with deep meaning and they all seemed to show proficient use of Photoshop. Here are a few of my favorite works by some of my class-mates.

Original Final
Turned into...

I love the "cartoony" look for it. I like the colour and the lines, it just seems as though this artist has a lot of photo editing practise with photoshop. Probably my favorite in the class.
This next picture is also one of my favorites. I dont know exactly what about it makes me like it so much.
To me, this picture seems to be the most professional. There isnt too much going on, an dit also seems like there is a much deeper meaning than you can tell just from the looking at it. It doenst show up very well but the colour comtrast is really well done, the colour of her face with the flower. I also like the additional small strip on the right side, i dont know how she managed to make it, or what it means but it certainly adds something to the piece.

Here are a few other works that i particularitly liked.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home