Well it was my first time back on skates since last year and it was a big eye opener. I haven't played in a structured hockey league for over 5 years now, mainy just getting time on the ice at local out-door rink shacks. But on Wednesday night my team, The Fighting Semen were able to squeak out a win against Jack and Jills. It was the first game in the University of Lethbridge Intermurals ice hockey league. It was a touch start being down early 2-0. Our team rebounded in the second half (only periods of play) with 3 straight goals to take the lead. With only 22 seconds left and the score now tied up at 3-3, a fighting semen player quickly cut behind the Jack and Jill's last defender on a breakaway. He tried a deke but the goalie stopped him, fortunately he slammed on the brakes, got his own rebound and wired it home. The final score... 4-3 for the good guys.
I had a terrible start to the game forgetting how little cardio I do these days. Only being able to do 30 second shifts before collapsing on the bench. But there is nothing better than the feeling you get the next day. The pain that proves you worked your ass off and lying in bed unable to move your legs without the help of your arms. I haven't been to the gym to workout in a long time because during the summer I have a very physically demanding job and the last thing I want to do after hauling logs and brush is put my body through anymore scrutiny. But I completely forgot how incredible the "Next Day Pain" can feel.
My next game is on Monday, Sept 25th... and im not sure if im looking more forward to the hockey game or waking up Tuesday morning barely able to walk to class. Im back in hockey... and couldn't be more ecstatic!!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home